Tel:86-756-3392913 Fax: 86-756-3395336
Company News

Don't give dogs a chocolat

0

Published by Admin June 11,2022

Some parents think that chocolate is not harmful to dogs, but in fact, chocolate  is scientifically toxic to dogs, and sometimes it is fatal. Don't give your dog chocolate at any time, or anything that contains chocolate.

Chocolat

Why is chocolat harmful to dogs?

Chocolate is processed from cocoa beans and contains a variety of derivatives of methylxanthine, which are found in caffeine and theobromine. Chocolate contains theobromine, which acts on the central nervous system and heart muscle of the puppy, which poisons the dog. Both humans and cats can digest theobromine through metabolism, but the dog's digestive system does not. Some types of chocolat are particularly high in content, with the highest content of baked chocolate and dark chocolat methyl jaundice, while white chocolate is the lowest. For a dog of about 7 pounds, a pound of milk chocolat is enough to cause symptoms of poisoning. Methyl jaundice stimulates the dog's central nervous system, causing its heart rate to rise sharply, causing multiple symptoms of poisoning.

Chocolat

What are the symptoms of chocolate poisoning?

When a dog feels unwell after eating chocolate, symptoms such as extreme activity, special excitement, difficulty breathing, vomiting and diarrhea, and increased frequency of urination occur. The health of dogs is mainly due to the weight of the dog and the amount of theobromine in the chocolat. Among them, the content of theobromine in dark chocolat is higher.

There are several main symptoms that can help you know that your dog has been poisoned by chocolate. The most common symptoms are irritability, increased urination, increased heart rate, moderate to severe anxiety, epilepsy, asthma attacks, bloating, gastrointestinal discomfort, severe thirst, and elevated body temperature. If you find that the dog has these symptoms, it is best to send it to the veterinary hospital immediately. These symptoms usually appear six to twelve hours after eating chocolat. Even if the dog does not show any symptoms after eating chocolat, it is best to go to the vet.

chocolat

What should I do after the dog has eaten chocolate?

After the dog eats chocolate, the best way is to induce vomiting. But it is best to consult a veterinarian before vomiting. Most veterinarians will tell you what to do based on the type of symptoms and severity of the dog. If the veterinarian advises the parent to induce vomiting immediately, the doctor will usually remind you to add some water (hydrogen peroxide) to the dog's mouth. In addition to vomiting, first aid measures that veterinarians can take include giving activated carbon and absorbing residual toxins. This treatment is generally very effective and will quickly relieve the pain of the dog.

chocolat

< >